Train with people who care!
Information sessions to answer your questions
Easy to follow course activities and training
Be supported and learn from teachers who care
Real hands-on experience in our courses
Please note that our enquiries are managed by our partner InterCare Pathways. By submitting this form you agree to be contacted by our partner.
Job opportunities for well-trained staff in Aged Care are on the rise, as the number of older Australians increase! Read an article by the Australian Government here. At InterCare Training we want our students to succeed; that means supporting you to find employment. Did you know that many of our students are offered a job from the business they did work placement with? This could happen to you! Would you like to know what duties, key responsibility areas and performance measures a job in Care has? One of the most common positions for a completed Certificate III in Aged Care student is a Personal Care Attendant (PCA); click here to open the Position Description of a Personal Care Attendant.
- Look into and complete any extra online learning opportunities and attend workshops to increase skills and knowledge eg. Hand washing
- Get your resume together ASAP, listing all relevant qualifications & experiences
- Cold call facilities with resume when finished placement as this shows initiative and there are always plenty of jobs that are not advertised
- Be presentable, polite and show initiative when you approach or contact a facility
- Sign up with an agency which will give you multiple job opportunities and experiences
- Personal Care Assistant (PCA)
- Aged Care Support Worker
- Community Support Worker
- Home Care Assistant
This certificate can also be an alternative pathway to get into nursing.